Tanner Transmissions - Salt Lake City's Professional Auto Transmission Repair & Service Shop
When it comes to transmission repair in Salt Lake City, no one beats Tanner Transmissions. Our team of transmission repair and service professionals at Tanner Transmissions is standing by with years of experience, and a commitment to your car's repair and preservation - no matter the type.
Signs of transmission problems should never be avoided. When it comes to car troubles and repairs, many car problems are always seen as something that could be done later, or a problem that isn't nearly as severe as it seems. However, this is how you end up with an expensive fix, and a problem that only worsens over time.
How to Tell When I Need Transmission Repairs?
There are several things that can go wrong with your transmission, and it is important to recognize the signs, and have them addressed by the transmission repair and service professionals at our Salt Lake City transmission auto shop location.
- "Does my transmission need repair?"
- "Are those noises that I hear coming from my transmission?"
- "How much will my transmission repair cost?"
Certified Salt Lake City Transmission Repair Experts
There are questions to which you want quick and accurate answers. While the Internet can provide hundreds of pages of transmission repair information (and some "mis-information"), talking with our local Salt Lake City transmission repair service will get you the right answers for your vehicle.
With our 38+ years of repairing and rebuilding transmissions, here is the information you need to know to best care for your automatic transmission or manual transmission, and any signs that transmission repairs are needed:
- Manual and automatic transmissions contain hundreds of moving parts-gears, bands, linkage, gaskets and seals-one (or several) of which may be to blame if transmission problems occur.
- Today's transmissions also contain a number of electronic modules and controls that could fail and cause transmission problems.
- Minor issues could be resolved with a transmission fluid flush or linkage adjustment.
- Other problems may require, repair, rebuilding or replacement of your automatic transmission.
- Get the problem diagnosed as soon as possible. Do not "wait until later" or "when I can find the time" - this delay may turn a comparatively affordable transmission repair to a very costly repair later on.
If you find that your transmission isn't working properly, it's time to bring it in to Tanner Transmissions for a thorough inspection. We are completely dedicated to excellent transmission repair, and our customers' satisfaction. Our service also offers:
- Free towing to any of our shop locations
- Free 15-point Transguard Check ™ that makes it affordable for you to find out what transmission problems may be in your car or truck, and what transmission issues need fixing.
Don't wait until it's too late! Bring your car in to our auto shop for repair right away!
Our transmission professionals are ready to answer your call right now! Call Tanner Transmissions today at (801) 935-8192! Schedule your appointment now!
Common Transmission Problems:
As is true with any problem (physical, medical or mechanical), an accurate diagnosis prevents needless costs for unnecessary repairs. The variety of possible causes to the transmission symptoms has a direct bearing on transmission repair costs. Here are a few problems:
- "I found a reddish fluid leak on my garage floor or driveway."
- "When I shift out of park, my car hesitates before going."
- "When I press on the gas, the engine revs up before kicking in and accelerating."
- "I hear and/or feel a bump when my car is in neutral."
- "My car shakes as it goes to the next gear."
- "I hear a grinding noise when I shift gears."
- "I hear a whining noise while driving."
- "I hear a 'clunk' or 'clunking sound' in the engine while I am driving."
- "My car seems to pop out of gear while driving, and I did not touch anything."
- "My car 'shimmies' when it changes gears."
- "My gear shift all of a sudden pops into neutral."
- "My car will not shift into first gear (or 2nd, 3rd, or any gear)."
- "My 'O/D' light is on."
- "My 'check engine' light is on."
The experts here at Tanner Transmissions of Salt Lake City have the technology and expertise to find your transmission problem!
Dont wait! Call now! Call Tanner Transmissions at (801) 935-8192! Schedule your appointment now!